It is our favourite time of year, and our favourite time to make yummy creations in the kitchen! We wanted to share two of our signature goodies - one sweet and one salty, so hopefully something for everyone!
Keep scrolling to see the recipes for Julie's Dark Chocolate Caramel Popcorn and Carli's Truffle Rosemary Roasted Yams!
JULIE’S Dark Chocolate Caramel Popcorn
Prep time: 15 minutes
Bake time: 1 hour
2 gallons popped popcorn
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1⁄2 cup corn syrup
1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Dash of salt
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup dark chocolate baking chips (I like 60% cacao)
1. Preheat oven to 250 degrees F.
2. Pop the popcorn – I recommend using a tablespoon of vegetable oil with an air popper. Spread the popcorn out on two large cookie sheets covered in parchment paper and set aside.
3. In a medium sauce pan on medium heat, melt the butter. Once melted, add brown sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil while stirring constantly.
4. Boil without stirring for 4 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and add salt, vanilla and baking soda.
6. Pour over popcorn and toss gently.
7. Bake for 1 hour stirring every 20 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside.
8. Melt dark chocolate and pour in a thin stream over the popcorn.
9. Let cool completely before breaking into pieces.
10. Serve and enjoy! (You can store in Ziploc bags in the freezer to make this treat last… that is, if it doesn’t all get eaten in the first day!)
CARLI’S Truffle Rosemary Roasted Yams
Prep time: 10 minutes
Bake time: 30 minutes
4 medium-sized yams
1 tablespoon truffle oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary chopped fine or 1 tablespoon dried
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Peel yams and cut into small triangles approximately 1/4" thick.
2. Cover a large baking pan with parchment paper. Toss yams with truffle oil, olive oil and lemon juice. Sprinkle paprika, rosemary, pepper and salt evenly on top.
3. Bake in oven for 30 minutes at 400 degrees F or until lightly browned. Serves 4.
XO Twin Kennedy
Originally shared by The Reviews Are In. Click here to read the full feature.
Photo credit: Trisha Evelyn