We are in Nashville, Tennessee for American Thanksgiving today, so we are celebrating with our Southern friends by sharing 5 things that we are thankful for this holiday season. Let us know what you are thankful for in the comments below!
1. You: First and foremost, we want to thank each and every one of you reading this blog... thanks for listening to our music, buying our albums, coming to our shows, and supporting our journey! We are grateful every day to be doing what we love and living this dream as recording and performing artists.
2. Our amazing team: As you might know, we released our first-ever holiday album this month, A Twin Kennedy Christmas! Putting together a project like this takes so many people behind the scenes, from producers to publicists to radio promoters, not to mention the support of amazing organizations like FACTOR, Creative BC, SOCAN Foundation and Music BC. We feel incredibly lucky to work every day with so many people that we love as both business colleagues and as human beings!
3. Family (and friends that feel like family!): We have spent a lot of our time on the road this year, and whether we are visiting friends along the way or coming home to our family, we feel SO grateful to feel so much love and support from those who are closest to us.
4. Work/Life balance: Living a lifestyle that is by no means 9 to 5, we made an extra conscious effort in 2017 to focus on achieving a better work/life balance. Over the past few years, we felt the burnout creeping in... too much work, not enough sleep and too much stress and overwhelm. We're super passionate about our work, and we're self-proclaimed perfectionists, so it's hard to turn off that work switch and take time for self-care and for everyday life. I'm not saying that we have mastered the delicate balance that is work and life (if you have, please let us in on the secret!), but we feel really proud of where we're at - a steady workout regime + a daily focus on healthy eating + more time spent with positive people who make life even more meaningful = one of our best and happiest years yet!
5. New faces and new places: Our tour schedule has been jam packed this year, taking us from BC to Manitoba, Nova Scotia, Montana, Minnesota, Florida, North Carolina, Kentucky, Missouri, Texas and Tennessee! We feel so lucky to have met so many wonderful new friends, played some seriously cool venues, and had a year that was full of adventure!
Wishing you a holiday season full of joy and gratitude!
XO Twin Kennedy
photo credit: Suzanne Sagmeister, www.suzannesagmeister.com